Badgerland Financial is committed to the security of your financial and personal information. All of our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects your account information from being accessed by third parties. We safeguard your personal information according to established security standards and procedures.
For website security purposes and to ensure that this site remains available to all users, Badgerland Financial monitors traffic on its website to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage to the website. Such attempts are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
Badgerland Financial recognizes how important security is to our customers, especially when transmitting financial data. That is why we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for the website to allow for encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name, address, and critically sensitive information such as your account number or social security number.
- We monitor online account access to safeguard your financial information from unauthorized access.
- Our systems limit online account access to those possessing the login ID and password associated with your account(s).
- We will never contact you and ask for your login ID, password or other personally identifiable or confidential information.
- Firewalls keep our public web servers separate from the servers that contain your account and personal data which are not directly accessible from the Internet.
- We utilize encryption technology that allows for the protection of data in transit between your computer and our systems.
- If your secure session is inactive for a predetermined period of time (e.g., you forget to log out), the secure session will automatically log off for you.
Emails sent from Badgerland Financial that contain sensitive information are generally encrypted to ensure your privacy. This includes emails with attachments that contain sensitive information such as loan documents and tax documents. If you receive an encrypted email from Badgerland Financial, you will need to log into a separate system to receive your message. Examples of sensitive information include social security numbers, tax identification numbers, and credit card numbers.
How to Safeguard Yourself
The following suggestions can help increase online security:
- Username and password:
- Never disclose your login ID or password to anyone else.
- Never write down your login ID or password.
- Change your password frequently.
- Create complex passwords that use a combination of lower case, upper case and numbers.
- When you have completed your online session, be sure to log out.
- Don't use regular email to send sensitive information to Badgerland Financial (such as Social Security numbers, account numbers, etc.)
- For more information regarding our secure email system, please select the Secure Email link on our website or contact your local branch office.
- Don't open attachments in emails if you don't know the sender. Attachments can contain viruses and spyware. Delete unwanted email.
- Maintain an up-to-date anti-virus software program on your computer to detect and eliminate malicious threats.
- Report to us immediately if your password is lost or stolen. Also report any suspicious or unauthorized transactions, including a request for your password that appears to come from Badgerland Financial.
Questions and How to Contact Us: Your questions or concerns about this policy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact us at:
1430 North Ridge Drive
Prairie du Sac, WI 53578
Latest Revision date: 2-7-2012