Crop Hail Insurance:
An inexpensive way to protect your crop investment.
Hail is the one catastrophe that is most likely to completely destroy part of your crop while leaving the rest untouched. In many instances, a hail-damaged part of your crop ends up being less than the deductible of your Yield Protection or Revenue Protection policy. You may want to consider crop hail insurance to fill that gap.
- More affordable than ever, and the concept is simple – you choose the dollar amount of hail coverage per acre, and payout will be at the
percentage the hail damage occurred.
- Choose coverage per acre of $100 to $1000 on corn or soybeans.
- Claims are paid independent of any federal crop insurance policy coverage. Can be purchased as a stand alone policy or in conjuction with your federal crop insurance policy.
- Very competitive rates with little to no deductible available.
- Covered perils include hail, lightning, fire, vandalism, transportation.
For additional cost, you can add the following options to your hail policy:
- Green Snap: Covers a stalk of field corn broken by wind above the roots but below the ears. The damage must prevent harvesting of the ears by mechanical equipment.
- Direct Wind Coverage: Covers unharvestable or nonrecoverable ears of field corn on the ground resulting from wind damage and is paid on a per-acre basis.
IMPORTANT: Rates and service vary by company, so know all your options!
Contact your local Badgerland Financial Crop Insurance Specialist to learn more.